Hearty Minestrone Soup
Hearty Minestrone Soup with Tuscan Kale
Need a new way to incorporate kale into your cool weather meals? Warm up with this delicious and satisfying version of an Italian classic…It’s made with real ingredients only and is 100% vegan-friendly!
Ingredients (serves 6):
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion, finely diced
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup celery, finely diced
- 3 carrots, peeled and finely chopped
- 4 cups organic Tuscan kale, washed and chopped
- 1 (15 oz.) can organic diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 oz) can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 4 cups organic vegetable stock
- 2 cups water
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon unrefined sea salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Fresh flat Italian parsley, for garnish
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add the onion, garlic, celery, and carrots and sauté for about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the salt, pepper, oregano, and red pepper flakes.
- Add the kale and cook for an additional 2 minutes, or until softened.
- Add the tomatoes, beans, vegetable stock, and water.
- Bring to a boil, then lower the heat and let simmer for 30 minutes.
- Serve and garnish with parsley if you wish.